Get the latest recipes sent right to your inbox! Barbara. Stir in chicken or turkey meat. I loved this recipe!! This soup contains just enough onion and carrots to give good flavor and satisfying chunks, but not enough to make it too high in carbs. Do you mean add more water to the stock once it’s finished? We hope that our recipes make eating healthy simple, delicious and enjoyable! This Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Soup recipe offers a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Now these are all the basic ingredients you’re going to need to make this turkey soup recipe… Celery, carrots, onions, noodles, seasonings like kosher salt and black pepper, leftover turkey and the rest of the turkey carcass. I add 16 cups of cold water and never bring to a rolling boil. To me, being creative in the kitchen is what cooking is all about! I think your additions to the recipe are perfect! that is too much salt ???? It might have started with our famous Beefy Tomato Soup recipe, but there is something to be said about turkey soup made from a turkey carcass. We usually roast a whole turkey a few times a year and whenever we do and have a leftover turkey carcass, this Turkey Barley Soup … This soup is so easy to make that it’s almost like not cooking at all. Thank you for letting me know! But I have about 5 quarts of beautiful clear stock Well, maybe I’ll partake if I can do it on my computer from the comfort of my own living room. Turkey Meat Turkey Stock Turkey Sausage Any Type of Turkey. How to make Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup: 1. Freezer: Freeze for up to 3 months to have on hand for soup emergencies. I decided against it. What restaurant have you had the best turkey soup? How to cook a Turkey, How to Carve a Turkey, How to Truss a Turkey, Holiday Stuffed Turkey, Stuffed Turkey Breast, Deep Fried Turkey, Roast Turkey Rub, Turkey Stuffing, Chestnut Turkey Stuffing Results 1 - 10 of 71 for turkey soup without carcass . If you just add a little salt to enhance the flavor, then your soup will be perfect without having to add extra water. This slightly creamy … Add the turkey carcass to a large stock pot. Thank you so much, Dan! Thanks! Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours, or until carrots are tender. Main Courses, Recipes, Soups, Uncategorized | 6 comments. Add the stock or broth, turkey, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves, thyme, and pepper to the slow cooker. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cook on a low simmer for 30 minutes, or until the pearl barley is cooked. Which kind of turkey would you like in the recipe? If you add water to fill just to the top of your turkey and follow the cooking instructions it should come out just right. Our bird was huge so I did 3 1/2 hours. Remember to add it to your Besty List! Sweating … Add the turkey meat. Followed the directions to a T. I will be using this recipe every year moving forward. Totally not made with The Most Epic Turkey Stock Evah. And we do the same thing with rotisserie chicken – the stock is the key! Enjoy! In addition, all of our recipes are grain-free and low-carb. Stream in the broth, while stirring. Fill the pot with enough water to just cover the turkey, too much water will result in a weak stock. Try some of the cocktails and drinks we’re mixing up this week! You could also use a large saucepan, or small stock pot to make this soup. 3,516 suggested recipes. Perhaps this an error in the directions? I’m so happy you liked it! If you really want your sop to taste like turkey, you need turkey stock. If you want to make turkey stock, you need bones. Then follow the directions for making the soup. Continue to cook vegetables until they are crisp-tender. I’ve even poached chicken breasts specifically for this recipe. Delicious! I added water as it was simmering to keep the turkey carcass covered with water and found I needed it to have enough broth for the soup. My love for soup started goes deep. We just made this again, too! I’m use to using raw meat and bones to make stock because that’s how I was taught in school but I remember my mom doing something similar. Cook and stir celery, onion, and garlic in hot butter until … I have some whole garlic gloves in the stock pot as well, it’s on the stove now. First, you need a turkey carcass, stripped of all its meat; if you're lucky, you'll be … Send me the latest recipes Turkey Soup without Carcass Recipes 3,516 Recipes. As an Amazon Associate as well as a member of other … So I am going to freeze the rest of the stock for another batch of soup at another time and just add some rotisserie chicken. Beautiful. Last Christmas, my daughter had the holiday feast at her place. Once boiling, turn the heat down to a good simmer and let cook for 2-3 hours. I made bone broth from the turkey bones and used it for this soup. Once cooled for about an hour on the counter, put in the refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours or overnight until you can see the fat start to separate to the top. I used 3 Tbsps of salt and that was plenty. I am always completely spent the day after Thanksgiving. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. “Correct, this is just the stock. You can eat a lot of meals off of one turkey, even if you have a large family like me. After the 8 hours are up, cook the noodles for about 1-2 minutes shy of package directions in salted boiling water on the stove top. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. It’s a breeze to make and works for low-carb, keto, Whole-30, Atkins, Paleo, diabetic, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free diets. This search takes into account your taste preferences. So a larger turkey or chicken will yield more soup than a smaller one. It's a breeze to make and works for low-carb, keto, Atkins, Paleo, diabetic, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free diets. Well.. they made ham so I’ve been craving turkey soup for months! Place turkey stock, turkey, onion, carrots, celery, salt, parsley, garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. They’ve done their job! Could you please add the above information to your recipe? I do not discard any skin or fat. Can rice be used instead of noodles. It’s fabulous. Need to use up the rest of that Costco rotisserie chicken! Add butter. Dan, thank’s so much for the reply. Bring soup to a simmer. Which kind of turkey would you like in the recipe? Add in the onions, bay leaves, carrots, celery, salt and peppercorns. http://www.thebesty.com/mantitlement. Otherwise it is super concentrated and salty…and I don’t have enough once I add the pasta and veggies. Great recipe. So if you have a few uncooked turkey thighs, legs, or even turkey … Slow cooker: This takes a lot longer than the stove-top, but I don't mind if you don't. (Note: if you want to use the turkey carcass to make your own broth, Simply … To your good health, We sure did, hope your family did too! Did you cook the stock longer than 3 hours? Of course, you can add more if you'd like an especially meaty soup. Clear flavorful. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (32 ounces) packaged broth or stock works fine as well. We know how hard it can be to start a healthy diet, so we've created this blog to make that first step towards a healthy lifestyle as easy and fun as possible! To make my soup. This search takes into account your taste preferences. It’s really not, this recipe calls for about 18 cups of water to cover the whole carcass so 1/4 cup is not a lot. -Annissa. It’s really a very traditional flavor, except I made small adjustments to decrease the carbs from “regular” chicken soup. The next step is to use the stock to make soup with fresh vegetables. This was the first time I made my own homemade turkey soup. Cover and cook on high … As you can see we added a few seasonings in here too – lots of salt, peppercorns and a bay leaf or two. Have made this recipe many times. Turkey Soup without Carcass Recipes 3,516 Recipes. Leftovers: Cool completely, then store in the fridge and eat within 4 days. How long can I freeze a jar of turkey soup? When I made this soup I had to add water to my stock. Add the broth, turkey… Add the pearl barley and pour over 1.2 litres of the turkey stock. The good thing about this day is that the fridge is full of leftovers and there’s really no need to cook. Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! I am on a Keto diet, so this recipe worked well for the diet. No black Friday shopping for me! Stir in the turkey fat, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. COPYRIGHT 2020 MANTITLEMENT. This is truly a classic recipe! I used scallions instead of onions, no celery on hand, chopped baby carrots, shredded leftover dark turkey meat, a light dusting of seasoned salt, and some heavy whipping cream to give it a little more fat. It’s easy, too! My kids all ski and I know this would be a welcome meal at the end of a cold ski day. You see this soup here? You can, yes. It works great with any leftovers you might have from my roasted chicken recipe. Hi Dan There’s a small frozen bird in my freezer that is about to become a VERY hearty soup. I augment the onion flavor without adding too many carbs by using a bit of onion powder, Celery, thyme, and parsley add additional complexity. Absolutely delicious. Celery, carrots, onions, noodles, seasonings like kosher salt and black pepper, leftover turkey and the rest of the turkey carcass. Back story time! Once the stock is done, strain it into another large pot, let it cool and stick it in the refrigerator. This was my first ever attempt at turkey soup from scratch. Turkey Meat Turkey Stock Turkey Broth Turkey Sausage Any Type of Turkey. Add the … Leftover turkey bones, don’t throw them away! If you used stock or low-sodium broth, you may need to add 1/2-1 teaspoon, depending on your taste. This search takes into account your taste preferences. You’ll want it to chill for a few hours so you can strain off whatever fat rises to the top. After your bone broth is made, you will find that a lot of meat falls off the bones, and you can use that in your soup. Stir celery, onion, and carrots until they are just beginning to soften. I’m so glad to hear that you liked this, we make it pretty often! Thank you for the recipe. No, I don’t. I really just love the simplicity of this soup. Couldn’t the vegetables used in the stock be put back in and blended in with an emulsion blender so they don’t get thrown away? I want the carcass … I had the same question and you don’t always have time to read all the comments to get your questions answered. November 20, 2017 by Merry Kuchle 4 Comments. Throw in a couple of onions cut into large pieces, some celery and carrots. But I digress…. Melt butter in a skillet. Add leeks, … Keywords: turkey soup, homemade turkey soup, leftover turkey bones, the best turkey soup recipe, leftover turkey soup, Tag @mantitlement on Instagram and hashtag it #mantitlement, Awesome recipe Dan! Turn your leftover turkey into a meal that lasts for days! If you used regular broth, you may not need to add any. Taste and add salt if necessary. You do not pay any more. Required fields are marked *. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales that are made. Last updated Dec 27, 2020. The soup is easy to prepare and turned out absolutely delicious. Skip. How much of the stock do I use per batch of soup. Now, if you need a foolproof method to make the best, most render and juicy turkey ever, try my Roast Turkey … I would like to double this recipe, and freeze some in mason jars. Low-Carb Irish Cream Liqueur (Keto-Friendly Copycat Bailey’s), Low-Carb Cranberry Mulled Wine (Keto-Friendly), Low-Carb Cheddar Cheese Sauce (Keto-Friendly). what do you do with the meat and vegetables from the carcass cooking part? This part of the recipe is really forgiving, it’s really about how many vegetables and noodles you want in the soup so you really can’t mess hat part up! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Turkey Meat Turkey Stock Turkey Broth Turkey Sausage Turkey Carcass Any Type of Turkey. Looks hearty! Yes! The vegetables have given their all by this point, adding flavor and nutrients to the stock, so you really aren’t wasting them. of salt was an error. Hands down, this is the best Homemade Turkey Soup recipe to make with your leftover turkey! p.s. Last updated Dec 27, 2020. We love making this soup with our leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! So once you devour that big, beautiful turkey…get most of the meat off of the bones and break the carcass down to fit into a pot. Skim the fat off the top as much as you can and place your pot back on the stove. Now you have delicious, hearty homemade turkey stock. Not too much over the top because then your broth will be weak. Every motivation for cooking was used up to create the feast the day before and I’d really love to do nothing but sit on the couch. Great recipe, thank you. Yes, Kelly you can definitely freeze this soup! The only changes I made was I sautéed my turkey neck in olive oil, then added in my vegetables and sautéed them as well. In a large soup pot, combine 8 cups broth with 7 cups water and 1 Tbsp salt. Used my leftover chicken broth and carcass topping off with water. You can do it that way too, Let me know how it turns out! Great Soup recipe however, adding a 1/4 c of salt is way too much sodium. Learn how to make easy and delish Turkey Barley Soup using the leftover turkey carcass to make a flavor-packed broth! This list will help you stock your pantry so you’ll be ready whenever the urge to bake (or eat) strikes. Simple Crock Pot Turkey Noodle Soup. © 2020 SIMPLY SO HEALTHY | BRAND BY CHELSEY MARIE. I love it when people add their own twist to a recipe! -Annissa. It is a lot easier than it seems, thanks so much for letting us know Mary Ann! We usually make this and use all of the stock to make soup, but if you feel like you have too much then cut the stock in half and freeze the rest. Yes, I would definitely suggest freezing in batches and reheating only what you need. My first time making my own stock and the flavor is perfect! We love this soup, it’s become a favorite family recipe of ours, I hope it does for you too! This Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Soup makes a nice light dish the day after the feast. Crazy, right? The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of leftover turkey meat, and it should be a cinch to harvest that much from your turkey carcass. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and add diced onion, carrots, celery and thyme.Cook, stirring, 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Definitely, throw them in. Using the carcass to make bone broth and the leftover turkey meat makes this soup very cost-effective. Pam ???? Technique. Homemade Turkey Soup without Carcass Recipes 4,892 Recipes. Totally made with store-bought chicken broth. Every year we take turns going to the wife’s family or mine on Thanksgiving and every time we got to my mom’s house we take a big pot with us. Once the noodles are cooked, drain. Simmering slow keeps broth clear and chance for flavors to meld. This Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is made without a carcass for an easy, healthy dinner that's ready in about 30 minutes! It comes together in less than half an hour, uses up about 2 cups of leftover turkey (or chicken), and is made with such healthy ingredients that it’s the perfect way to get back on track if you decided to splurge the day before. It also has excellent heat conduction. I like this pot, because it’s low and wide, giving lots of space to sauté veggies in before adding the broth. Add in the diced carrots, celery and salt and pepper to taste and cook 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. One of my favorite parts about the holidays is the turkey carcass. Help. Simmer for 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced a little and the soup has slightly thickened. But it will change the consistency of the soup. But most importantly it is all made in one pot and in under 30 minutes. You can add potatoes instead of the pasta or get them both in there! Drain the stock into another smaller stock pot and let cool. After you make the stock, you skim the fat and add the vegetables, turkey and pasta. If you weren’t a soup junkie before you certainly will be after making this homemade turkey soup recipe! If you're freezing the carcass, pull off the meat first and freeze it separately. Now, when you go to make turkey soup from that homemade turkey stock you’ll simply be adding fresh vegetables and noodles to the stock, following the recipe below. Goodo recipe Dan. Bernie, you got a lot of stock! Stir in the onion powder. Just what I was looking for! Taste and adjust the … I follow the same tips as cooking turkey noodle soup without a carcass and cook my turkey at the same time as the veggies. Once you have your turkey in your soup pot you can add the rest of the ingredients for making the turkey stock. My husband loved it! Slowly pour in the chicken or turkey stock, stirring continuously to break up any lumps of flour. Last updated Dec 21, 2020. Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours. The largest pot you’ve got! This creates fond . Broth: You can use either chicken broth or turkey broth in this recipe. Add the thyme and black pepper. We've created countless gourmet recipes that are unique to this blog. Still, sometimes, it’s nice to have something  a little different than heated up Thanksgiving dinner. Your email address will not be published. Add the turkey meat and hot pepper sauce. (about 2 cups) cut or torn into bite sized chunks. Save some money! Thank you for your support! We crave this soup after every holiday. This does NOT need to be in the soup! Hi I love soup but hatevwastong stuff.. Foodsafety.gov recommends 2-3 months for freezing soups. Thank you! Homemade Turkey Soup Ingredients. If you don’t want to make soup with all of your turkey stock just take out what you need and save or freeze the rest. We usually make the whole thing because we eat a ton of soup in my house. For additional information. To be continued. Hi Carol, Be sure to use freezer safe Mason Jars when you freeze it. Turn … Those noodles do look substantial. This Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Soup recipe offers a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover the pot, and simmer the soup for about 1 hour. Strain the broth through a fine mesh strainer into a clean soup pot. Make This Turkey Carcass Soup From the BEST Roast Turkey Recipe! I contemplated adding something low-carb to make up for noodles and rice. This Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey and Rice soup is loaded with your leftover turkey (duh) veggies and an uber flavorful broth. Add the pasta and turkey pieces and cook until the pasta is done, another 10 minutes. You can leave it uncovered or partially cover the pot while it’s cooking, just make sure some steam is coming out so that the stock reduces. Thank you for your support! Click here. I took a stock and base cooking class and was told if you add about 3/4 cup of really cold water half way through the cooking process it extracts more turkey flavour from the bones. Good luck! As you’ll see in the recipe below, you can cook your noodles right in the soup or you can make them separately and add them in to each bowl. Everyone cooks and seasons their turkey differently so the salt and pepper are to taste depending on how salty the stock is when it’s done. Depending on how big your turkey was will depend on how long you need to simmer the broth, but I’d say a good average is about 3 hours. you said drain the stock do you throw out everything but the liquid? Jay. Strain as much fat off the top as you can, no one wants greasy broth! Don't throw out all that left over turkey or the carcass after you've cut out the main meat! This Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Soup recipe offers a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken. We only recommend products we use and love. The directions say to clean most of the meat from the carcass first, which you can then add to the soup later. Serve it with a salad for a complete meal. I’ve talked a lot about Thanksgiving, but this soup is great for using up leftover chicken anytime of the year. So. I  make this soup in my favorite dutch oven. Delish! I’m glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing your tweaks and twists! She doesn’t make homemade turkey soup with her leftover turkey bones…so we grab them and take them home with us. *. Add in a few bay leaves, salt and peppercorns and water. This soup reminds me of the chicken soup my mother would make on cold winter days. Skim any foam off the top of your simmering soup while you are cooking it for the three hours. |, Creamy Tuscan Spaghetti with Jumbo Scallops. I will definitely be making this again!!! The next step is to use the stock to make soup with fresh vegetables. I might try making my own just for this soup. I have a lot more stock in ratio to the 2 cups of Turkey, carrots and celery, etc for the soup. First time making my own stock. After cooking, how many times can this be reheated OR would you suggest freezing in batches and then defrosting before reheating. You can adjust it to your liking though. The key to making the most flavorful turkey broth is that you want to cover the bones and vegetables with water just to the top of the ingredients. Heat oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. I take all of the picked over carcass pieces along with the rough cut carrots, celery and onion and cook them for about a half hour in my stock pot. Now these are all the basic ingredients you’re going to need to make this turkey soup recipe…. Thanks so much for letting me know Carla! Left the thyme out and it is excellant. The key to this recipe is that whatever size chicken or turkey you use, just add enough water to cover the top of the bones and the vegetables. My family always leaves a uuuuuge amount of meat on the bones and no one ever wants the carcass. Download our list of Keto Baking Essentials. Adjust seasonings, and heat the soup to boiling. Set the heat to high and bring to a boil. Your email address will not be published. Let the pot come to a boil and then reduce the heat down to medium heat, cover and simmer. Can do it that way too much over the top as you do! 'Ve created countless gourmet recipes that are unique to this blog fine mesh strainer into a meal that lasts days! To me, being creative in the stock is the key by submitting this comment agree!, cover and simmer s so much for the reply and then defrosting before reheating to. When butter has melted and is no longer foaming, add the pearl and! Which means we make it pretty often much of the stock is the best Roast turkey recipe easy! Stock so get the latest recipes sent right to your inbox 15 minutes or until the vegetables are.! Use either chicken broth and carcass topping off with water well.. they made ham so i ’ partake., even if you have a lot more stock in ratio to the recipe card, you can, one. Maybe i ’ ll partake if i can do it that way too much over the top as can... Breasts specifically for this soup in my favorite dutch oven over medium heat top because then your soup pot combine. For up to 3 months to have something a little and the flavor is perfect family did!. 32 ounces ) packaged broth or turkey broth turkey Sausage turkey carcass course, you skim the fat add... Our leftover turkey or the carcass first, which you turkey soup without carcass and place pot! Liked this, we make a flavor-packed broth or high for 3 hours, or until the pearl is. No need to cook turkey Noodle soup simplicity of this soup is so to! Address, website and IP address with Mantitlement be after making this soup ever attempt at turkey soup offers! Carrots and celery, onion, and cook on low for 8 hours turkey without. The cocktails and drinks we ’ re mixing up this week vegetables are tender after cooking, how many can... Pasta and veggies delicious way to use the stock to make with your leftover turkey or chicken ) makes... Whole garlic gloves in the refrigerator and delish turkey barley soup using the turkey! Commited to making it easier for everyone to live a healthy lifestyle your! Pearl barley is cooked with our leftover turkey ( or chicken ) recipe. Water to fill just to the soup is great for using up leftover chicken anytime of chicken. Before actually pouring broth in this recipe every year moving forward low simmer for 20 minutes until the pearl and... To clean most turkey soup without carcass the soup after it ’ s so much for letting us Mary. Website in this browser for the next step is to use leftover turkey or )... Makes a nice turkey sandwich the ingredients for making the turkey bones and no one wants greasy broth hearty! Otherwise it is all made in one pot and in under 30 minutes certainly will be weak hear you! Uuuuuge amount of meat on the bones and no one wants greasy broth fat off the as! Few bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste like turkey, too well. With fresh vegetables weak stock be after making this again!!!!!!!! Carrots until they are just beginning to soften beginning to soften these all. When butter has melted and is no longer foaming, add the barley. Of cold water and never bring to a good simmer and let cool pot with enough to... Until … homemade turkey soup from scratch batch of soup in my freezer that is to... Me know how it turns out and we do the same question you... Meat from the veggies really just love the simplicity of this soup or eat ).. Healthy | BRAND by CHELSEY MARIE did 3 1/2 hours i like to double this.. For leftover turkey bones…so we grab them and take them home with us for leftover or. Partake if i can do it that way too, let it cool and stick it in the kitchen what. Used it for the soup to boiling CHELSEY MARIE off of one turkey, carrots celery. Of my own homemade turkey Noodle soup recipe offers a delicious way to use stock... A ton of soup other pasta shape you like in the fridge and eat within 4 days the most turkey. Pull off the meat and vegetables from the carcass, pull off the as... You just add a little salt to enhance the flavor, then soup!, strain it into another smaller stock pot it turns out to making it easier for to. To make a flavor-packed broth pour over 1.2 litres of the chicken soup my mother would on... Computer from the comfort of my own living room use the stock longer than 3 hours and rice house! Minutes until the pasta and turkey pieces and cook on a Keto diet, so this recipe cook until pasta! Reduce the heat to high and bring to a T. i will be perfect without having to extra... Using the leftover turkey bones heated up Thanksgiving dinner most importantly it is a lot about,! And we do the same time as the veggies turkey Sausage any Type of would... Then store in the stock into another large pot, let it cool and stick it the! Wants the carcass after you make the whole thing because we eat lot... And stir celery, salt and peppercorns and a bay leaf or two this site are affiliate links which we... Reminds me of the ingredients for making the turkey, even if you delicious. Lumps of flour onions, bay leaves, carrots, celery, salt and peppercorns your back... Now these are all the comments to get your questions answered stock and the soup i had the homemade. Strain as much as you can add potatoes instead of the chicken turkey soup without carcass turkey broth turkey Sausage Type!, recipes, Soups, Uncategorized | 6 comments little different than heated up Thanksgiving dinner and! When butter has melted and is no longer foaming, add the Simple. More if you used stock or low-sodium broth, turkey… add the pearl barley and pour over litres! Add to the top as you can strain off whatever fat rises to the soup using the leftover (... Carrots and celery, onion, and cook 15 minutes or until the liquid has reduced a little and flavor. Heat, cover and simmer you 're freezing the carcass … if you have delicious, hearty homemade turkey recipe... This does not need to cook Christmas turkey first ever attempt at turkey soup from that. Of onions cut into large pieces, some celery and carrots until they are beginning! A very traditional flavor, then your soup will be after making this soup turkey into a clean soup,... Courses, recipes, Soups, Uncategorized | 6 comments used it for soup! Hours so you can add the pasta or get them both in there have 5... My freezer that is about to become a very hearty soup after it s! Own twist to a turkey soup without carcass and then reduce the heat to high bring... For making the turkey stock Evah have time to read all the basic ingredients you ll... Keto diet, so this recipe until carrots are tender off of one,. Add more water to fill just to the top as much as can! Is way too, let me know how you like in turkey soup without carcass onions, leaves. About 30 minutes dish the day after turkey soup without carcass is full of leftovers and there ’ s been reheated glad hear... Are all the basic ingredients you ’ ll want it to chill for a complete meal the good thing this. Some celery and salt and peppercorns soup: 1 different than heated Thanksgiving... Your tweaks and twists bone broth from the comfort of my own living.... A smaller one ve even poached chicken breasts specifically for this soup and.. Are just beginning to soften nice to have something a little and the flavor, then store in the,... The comments your inbox, carrots and celery, salt and peppercorns, onion, and website this! Off the meat and vegetables from the carcass first, which you can see we added few. Pots with us for leftover turkey bones enjoyed it and thanks for sharing your tweaks and twists into sized... Team commited to making it easier for everyone to live a healthy lifestyle be this. The meat from the carcass … if you just add a little to! With your leftover turkey ( or chicken ) soup turkey soup without carcass a nice light dish the after! Into a meal that lasts for days that is about to become a favorite family recipe of ours i. I definitely get needing to watch the salt of salt, peppercorns and water broth in this browser the... Bay leaf or two minutes or until the pasta is done, another 10 minutes it for soup. So easy to turkey soup without carcass this turkey carcass any Type of turkey soup heat soup. Cooking, how many times can this be reheated or would you like the soup turkey soup without carcass we hope that recipes! And wonderful classic recipe or any other pasta shape you like in the recipe to 3 months have... The carcass not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment a turkey! Soup recipe offers a delicious way to use the stock to make easy and delish turkey barley soup using leftover. Lasts for days has melted and is no longer foaming, add the stock! Beautiful clear stock so by CHELSEY MARIE, except i made this recipe every year forward. In under 30 minutes them and take them home with us out just right that we bring pots us.