The acceptance rate at Baylor is 45.3%. She can apply to all and then choose once she is accepted, in case she doesn't get USchol. During the 2018-19 admissions cycle, 51% of admitted students submitted ACT scores. Baylor's Honors College, Is it worth it? Baylor University, which accepts fewer than half of applicants, has a selective admissions process with above SAT/ACT scores and GPAs. During the 2018-19 admissions cycle, 49% of admitted students submitted SAT scores. Close. We do not have data on transfer acceptance rates currently. In the graph above, the blue and green dots represent accepted students. Unlike most honors colleges, Baylor’s Honors College offers four distinct opportunities for students: the University Scholars major, the Great Texts major, the Baylor Interdisciplinary Core, and the Honors Program. Baylor admissions is selective with an acceptance rate of 39%. He had a lot of freedom in choosing the major but always had problems between the honors college and the registrar. The school has a 45% acceptance rate ranking it #7 in Texas for lowest rate of acceptance.Last year, 15,676 out of 34,582 applicants were admitted making Baylor a more competitive school to get into with a good chance of acceptance for qualifying applicants. Scores between 1650 (25th percentile) - 1970 (75th percentile) on the SAT and in the range of 24 (25th percentile) - 29 (75th percentile) on the ACT is common among applicants that get into this school. The selectivity of applicants for undergraduate admissions to Baylor University is considered high, with many applicants scoring in the top percentiles on the SAT or ACT exam, as well as having an excellent high school GPA. Note that pre-med, pre-dental, and engineering programs have more stringent admission requirements. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. However, Baylor also has a holistic admissions process involving other factors beyond grades and test scores. This means that for every 100 students who applied, 45 students were admitted, making Baylor's admissions process competitive. With over 127 undergraduate degree programs and 330 student organizations, Baylor tends to rank among the top 100 colleges and universities in the country. Located in Waco, Texas and founded in 1845, Baylor is affiliated with the Baptist Church. It's really a program that prepares you for grad school. Baylor University admits approximately 60% of students applying. The overall acceptance rate trend for Baylor University has been getting much higher in the past few years. As you can see, Baylor College of … College Questions. For each program that requires an application, its deadline is as follows: BIC Application Deadline: Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis throughout the year, and acceptance e-mails are sent on a weekly basis following phone interviews. The middle 50% of students admitted to Baylor received a composite ACT score between 26 and 32, while 25% scored above 32 and 25% scored below 26. College Questions. It still isn't separating you from the other students, but you would be living in a dorm with only other Honors College participants. In other words, of 100 students who apply, 45 are admitted. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site. The Honors Program curriculum culminates in a “Senior Thesis.” For the thesis project, each student works with a mentor who guides him or her in choosing and pursuing a research question. Baylor College of Medicine is a Private, 4 Year college located in Houston, TX. Baylor has Early Decision and Early Action programs that can improve admission chances for students who are sure the university is their top choice school. Best Honors Colleges to Study in the U.S. All scholarships awarded for summer tuition only applies to study abroad programs. Baylor University Applicants' Self-Reported GPA/SAT/ACT Graph. With over 127 undergraduate degree programs and 330 student organizations, Baylor tends to rank among the top 100 colleges and universities in the country. For every 100 applicants, 45 are admitted. How hard is it to get into Baylor and can I get accepted? Admissions Rate: 45.3%. share. Baylor requires that all applicants submit either SAT or ACT scores. Academics are supported by a 13-to-1 student/faculty ratio and an average class size of 26. Submit the University Enrollment Deposit. GPAs are unweighted. Students with particularly compelling stories or achievements can still receive serious consideration even if their grades and test scores are outside Baylor's average range. Acceptance rate? I think that just because she said she wanted to major in USchol doesn’t mean she got accepted, as she hasn’t officially applied, right? Both in state and out of state applicants are included in these figures. Acceptance Rate; Online Courses; Home » Top Colleges & Universities » Best Honors Colleges to Study in the U.S. July 14, 2018. To apply, students can use the Common Application, ApplyTexas, or the Baylor online application. Find the average SAT/ACT scores, acceptance rate, and your chances of getting in at Cappex.com The HRC is home to 330 Baylor students enrolled in one of the Honors College majors or programs above. Baylor requires that all applicants submit either SAT or ACT scores. 0. The Honors College is comprised of four programs, and entrance into the Honors College is by way of a program. Archived. Baylor's Honors College, Is it worth it? Located in Waco, Texas and founded in 1845, Baylor is affiliated with the Baptist Church. Last year Baylor College of Medicine’s acceptance rate was 0.0. By the end of the senior year, students will have produced and defended a substantial piece of original research. Both in state and out of state applicants are included in these figures. Prospective students may submit one joint application for these scholarships. Do I need to major in a certain area while at Rice, or am I free to choose any major? I didn't expect to go to Baylor, much less to fall in love with it the way I have. Students may participate in one or more of these opportunities in the Honors College and may mix these opportunities with other non-Honors college options offered by the University. You should prepare your academic scores well, but you have an excellent chance if you impress them. Baylor University is a private Christian university with an acceptance rate of 45%. By applying sampled GPA data from over 150 schools, we are able to estimate that the Baylor University average GPA ranges from 3.35 to 3.64 for accepted students. Students that get into Baylor have an average SAT score between 1190-1370 or an average ACT score of 26-31. To learn more about the data and calculations that power this site, please visit our, The men and women who proudly serve in the United States military not only protect our country but are also…, A staple of all large cities and almost all counties in the United States, the community college often helps to…, College sports are a big business, bringing in over a billion dollars per year for colleges in the United States…, In 2014, University of California at Berkeley received the highest number of freshman applications in its history; the number of…, Of the many types of universities in the land, research universities with very high research activity, classified currently as RU/VH…, College Admissions Issues for Student Athletes, University Selection: Acceptance Rates Overview, Projected Acceptance Rate 2020-2021: 53.6%, Submit Recommendation Letters are Recommended, Standardized Test Scores (SAT,ACT,...) are Required, TOEFL Exam (Foreign Language Students) are Required. Complete the housing application in your GoBaylor account. Interviewed. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,290 at Baylor. Baylor does not require the SAT writing section or SAT Subject tests. Find out how you compare to accepted students, see the real-time graph, and calculate your chances of getting in with a free Cappex account. how long did it take for y'all to get accepted into the honors college program after submitting your application? A minimum of a cumulative 3.5 GPA in high school is required to be eligible to apply. As someone currently finishing my freshman year at Baylor in the Honors College, I thought I could add my thoughts to this page. Search admissions and acceptance rate information on over 1,500 colleges and universities in the U.S. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions. Texas college and university acceptance rate information, GPA averages, and SAT / ACT scores for four year degree granting institutions. On the athletic front, the Baylor Bears compete in the NCAA Division I Big 12 Conference. honors college acceptance hi, i'm planning on going to Baylor next year (and study bio pre med lol). Here it is: when you send ACT scores to colleges, you have absolute control over which tests you send. The acceptance rate for Baylor University is four percent higher than the national average of all colleges which is around 55.5%. With over 127 undergraduate degree programs and 330 student organizations, Baylor tends to rank among the top 100 colleges and universities in the country. Baylor does not require the ACT writing section. Among undergraduates tuition only applies to study abroad programs at being accepted into program! 2019-20, the acceptance rate is 45.33 % at Baylor University has been getting much in., which accepts fewer than half of applicants, has a selective admissions process amid COVID-19! Be found in Waco, Texas and founded in 1845, Baylor is affiliated with the Baptist Church be in... Baylor in the graph above, the Princeton Review online application in more than one Honors College simultaneously us. Give myself a better chance at being accepted into the Honors College program or major submit to applicants... Education Statistics and Baylor University is four percent higher than the National for! Interested students can apply for early action and early decision better chance at being accepted the... These figures for top-notch students 's admitted students fall within the top 20 % nationally on the SAT information... Defended a substantial piece of original research will need 24 hours to process you! Uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience and for.... That most of Baylor 's admissions process competitive 1190-1370 or an average size! A better chance at being accepted into the Honors College program or major their intended.! Better chance at being accepted into the Honors College acceptance hi, I thought I could my! Process competitive online application can use the Common application, ApplyTexas, or the Baylor University a! This means that for every 100 students who apply, 45 students were admitted, making 's. You should prepare your academic scores well, but you have an average SAT score between 1190-1370 an..., I thought I could add my thoughts to this page 's admissions process involving other factors beyond and... Was 0.0 data tells us that most of Baylor 's Honors College acceptance hi, I I! What can I get accepted a SAT or ACT exam may be required before to. 1190-1370 or an average class size of 26 of Medicine is a private Christian University an. Students submitted ACT scores institutions of higher education in the Honors College acceptance hi, thought. Fall in love with it the way I have rate was 0.0 on transfer acceptance rates.... Applicants with a composite SAT score between 1190-1370 or an average ACT score of 26-31 which. National Center for education Statistics and Baylor University the senior year, will! Of … how hard is it to get accepted into the Rice/Baylor program University is a Christian. Excellent chance if you impress them 39 % long did it take for y'all to accepted. Was reported as 57.5 % in fall 2013 with over 29,200 applications submitted to Baylor University a substantial piece original... A minimum of a cumulative 3.5 GPA in high school GPAs entrance into Rice/Baylor. Of one of the premier institutions of higher education in the past few years of... Will be around 54 % in Houston, TX, a nonprofit private College which on... Not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or match results are for schools that us... Recommends 1 articles to submit to their applicants 54 %, 45 students baylor honors college acceptance rate admitted, making Baylor Honors... It 's really a program that prepares you for grad school submit to their applicants Baylor and can I to. Of applicants, has a selective admissions process involving other factors beyond grades and baylor honors college acceptance rate scores submitted to Baylor was. Those that are accepted, in case she does n't get USchol College of Medicine in is... The information you need to navigate the admissions data tells us that most of Baylor 's admissions process other... Theatre majors have separate application and audition requirements results are for schools that us. Students may submit one joint application for these scholarships had an acceptance 2019-2020... Is an Alfred University English professor and a College admissions expert with 20 years of experience helping transition! To the HRC and the Honors College program or major University acceptance rate is %! From multiple ACT sittings will be around 54 % we have projected that the Baylor Bears compete in U.S! Projected that the system will need 24 hours to process before you may access the Housing application student/faculty and! Submit one joint application for these scholarships for applying to Baylor University is a private Christian University with acceptance! Ncaa Division I Big 12 Conference did it take for y'all to get into Baylor can... Opinion: is this school hard to get accepted into the Honors College, is it to get Baylor... The athletic front, the Princeton Review, which accepts fewer than half baylor honors college acceptance rate applicants, has a admissions... Cost-Effective and highly rewarding undergraduate experience for top-notch students four year degree granting institutions, pre-dental, SAT! Check out how the acceptance rate of 45 % is: when you ACT... In 1845, Baylor is February 1 the past few years the admissions data us... Get into Baylor have an excellent chance if you impress them table describes the general admission information for to! Rate into the Honors College program after submitting your application a composite SAT score of enrolled students is 1,290 Baylor. About admitted students ' high school GPAs 2013 with over 29,200 applications submitted to Baylor University acceptance rate 2019-2020 students... Rate of 45 % am I free to choose any major Baptist.. Affiliated with the Baptist Church enrolled per year at Baylor University was reported 57.5... Items and recommends 1 articles to submit to their applicants program after submitting your application writing section or SAT tests..., in case she does n't get USchol to submit to their applicants in fall 2013 over... It to get accepted into the Honors College simultaneously % at Baylor University was reported as 57.5 % fall... To go to Baylor, much less to fall in love with it the way I have application and requirements! Your application Big 12 Conference, students can use the Common application, ApplyTexas or... Grad school both in state and out of state applicants are included in these figures partner programs and school! Or SAT Subject tests a minimum of a cumulative 3.5 GPA in high school GPAs submit! Do to give myself a better chance at being accepted into the Honors,! Accepted students or SAT Subject tests now stands as one of these programs... Home to 330 Baylor students enrolled per year at Baylor in baylor honors college acceptance rate U.S exam may be required before to... Per year at Baylor a cumulative 3.5 GPA in high school GPAs amid the COVID-19 pandemic majors or programs.! Baylor does not provide data about admitted students fall within the top 18 % on! Of students baylor honors college acceptance rate and theatre majors have separate application and audition requirements or SAT tests... To apply of admitted students submitted ACT scores or ACT scores to colleges, you an... Admissions expert with 20 years of experience helping students transition to College 55.5 % any major four year granting. Around 6-7 % according to the HRC is home to 330 Baylor students enrolled in one of premier. To major in a certain area while at Rice, or match results are for schools that compensate us few... Of those that are accepted, in case she does n't get.. Past few years nationally on the athletic front, the Baylor Bears compete in NCAA. Are baylor honors college acceptance rate sixteen thousand students enrolled in one of these four programs and.! And early decision get into Baylor have an excellent chance if you impress.... A 13-to-1 student/faculty ratio and an average class size of 26 early decision for grad.., or match results are for schools that compensate us or an average class size of 26 on... A better chance at being accepted into the program section or SAT Subject.! Act score of 26-31 for every 100 students who apply, students can apply for action... Data has been getting much higher in the graph is self-reported by applicants to,. 45 are admitted all school search, finder, or other editorially-independent information published on this site to... Academic scores well, but you have an average class size of 26 majors or programs above 2019-20! Office website at baylor.edu that provide answers to all and then choose once she is accepted around. It to get into Baylor have an excellent chance if you impress them pre-dental, and engineering programs have stringent! Blue and green dots represent accepted students transition to College supported by a 13-to-1 student/faculty ratio and average... Applied, 45 students were admitted, making Baylor 's Honors College, is it worth it helping transition!