Thank you for an informative post. }, There were times when I swam with colourful fish and over stingrays. Most shops will give you a good exchange rate, although you will find the odd ones with a more arbitrary rate. It was the first time we went for a dive and it was one of the most incredible experiences. easing:"linear", Morne Seychellois, Mahé. Tip: Buy bottled water to ensure the water you are drinking is of the highest quality. We visited in October for 3 weeks and enjoyed fantastic weather. No, I'm not even talking about fancy restaurants here, just normal places and cafes which served lunch. From face value, the Seychelles is an accumulation of immaculate beaches, clear waters, lush rainforests, and an entire world of history and culture. Find what to do today, this weekend or in October. $('#metaslider_57769 .msHtmlOverlay .layer[data-link], #metaslider_57769 .msHtmlOverlay[data-link]').each(function() { slideshow:false, © TravelTriangle.com 2020. Start your day early and go back to the hotel at a reasonable time. You can find basics such as fruits, vegetables and cans. This can cause a bit of a problem because this means you have a limited amount of hours where you can freely do things. Tell me more! The bad things about Seychelles are safety hazards. This includes local culture, shop and food availability, safety and security and of course methods of transportation. The ocean was crystal clear, beautifully warm with a constant temperature. var metaslider_57769 = function($) { If there are no litter bins in the vicinity, then you can carry back your litter and dispose of it in the hotel. Enjoy your upcoming holiday! We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer. Jardin Du Roi Spice Garden, Anse Royale. 2. }); Thanks any tips are much appreciated :), It's called Seychelles underwater centre. 7 reasons to visit the Seychelles now. If you are carrying anything back with you then you must get a certificate and an official export permit from the authorities. The Republic of Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands located in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa. It is believed that famous pirate Olivier Levasseur hid a treasure worth more than $160,000 that remains unfound. We are trying to plan places to eat. $('#metaslider_57769 .msHtmlOverlay').each(function() { It takes roughly 45 min to drive around the entire island, which makes it a great way to explore all the beaches and trial various restaurants throughout. There are some nice restaurants right in the Four Season complex and although quite expensive, we would recommend them above others. I didn't have any issues during daytime. Further Read: Tempio Hindu: A Complete Guide To This Beautiful Hindu Temple In Seychelles. This is the best way to acquire … The sun sets very early in Seychelles. Destinations. var cloned = el.clone(); On Mahé, I rented a car so I can explore the island properly. 10 Things to Do in Seychelles What is Seychelles Most Famous For? Things to Do in Seychelles, Africa: See Tripadvisor's 174,055 traveler reviews and photos of Seychelles tourist attractions. Coral Strand Hotel seems to have an average score online. Likewise, it is advised not take these documents to the beach or marketplace. These are the key areas most people ignore and cause a lot of burns. Krabi. I wasn't afraid to walk around freely in the dark. Hi, We are planning on going to Seychelles for our honeymoon in May 2019 and don't know if we should stay on the island of Praslin or Mahe first. Most shops will give you a good exchange rate, although you will find the odd ones with a more arbitrary rate. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. We liked the restaurants around Beau Vallon the most, as well as the ones in Four Seasons. As you know Japan is my favourite place on Earth, hence I'm kinda used to entering any restaurants, paying 500 Japanese yen (5 euro) and getting a meal to die for. itemMargin:0 The location is good being in Beau Vallon where there are plenty of amenities. At a time when Seychelles was uninhabited, pirates thriving on the lucrative sea trade route between Asia and Africa often used the islands of Seychelles as a perfect hiding place. A little crazy if you ask me. Hi Brittany, I noticed some fish being sold in the market but because it was presented on dirty stalls by the side of the road, I chose to buy my fish and seafood from the frozen section, because most items were imported from Europe. And unlimited fun at Casela. A. Mahé, Praslin and La Digue are the most popular islands. I felt generally safe but I didn't feel as comfortable walking around at night. If hiking is preferred, Anse Major or Morne Blanc are great places for amazing pictures. Seychelles, one of the world’s smallest countries. orig_width: 300 }); Compare & customize quotes before booking. Finally, Seychelles has been an amazing experience. Gangtok & Darjeeling Tour Package 5D/4N @ Rs 13,000. I would say that's a fair average. nextText:">", Take care of yourself because you do not want to ruin your amazing vacation. Combining her love for writing with her passion for globetrotting, she brings to you some amazing tips on traveling perfectly, be it any season of the year! The buses were a little better too. My wife and I were really looking forward to this trip, since we’ve heard great things about Seychelles and staying at the Four Seasons resort sounded like a great way to escape the pandemic situation, and celebrate my birthday in the process. }); The Seychelles are located close to the equator, and the sun may be more intense than you are used to. being out of date, sold in shops. Image SourceYou need to carry casual wears also with you. Better be safe than sorry. Currency: Sticky Currency Switch to metric measurement units. el.before(cloned); init: function(slider) { This also applies to restaurants. Would you stay in an expensive hotel or would you try and go as budget as possible? var slider = !window.jQuery ? Phi Phi. Wear sundresses, shorts, white clothes, sandals, flip flops...and lots of sunscreens. Here are all the things I loved about the Seychelles: 1. The Republic of Seychelles, to give the official name, is an archipelago consisting of 115 separate islands most of which are uninhabited. On Praslin, the getting around options are the same of those on Mahé. Desert safari. Visiting the Seychelles is without a doubt a once in a lifetime experience, with pristine beaches, secluded bays, white sand and crystal clear water. Enjoy your awesome holiday, you are going to love it! reverse:false, By 6:30 pm it's pitch dark outside. Bangkok. We have reviews of the best places to see in Seychelles. You can find some vegetarian dishes and there are plenty of non - alcoholic options. Image SourceRefrain from collecting seashells along the beaches as many are habitat for the hermit crabs. Start planning for Seychelles. Wonderful Goa Family Package 3D/2N @ Rs 6,500, Riveting Rajasthan Vacation 3D/2N Package @ Rs 6,499, Enchanting Uttarakhand Tour 4D/3N Package @ Rs 7,199. Burj Khalifa. One of the many things to avoid in Seychelles is not to choose any secluded place to stay or walk alone at night. before: function(slider) { If you are seen littering around by the local cops, you could be charged a high fine for the same. I suggest renting a car in order to explore the island at your own pace. Mysore Honeymoon: A Handy Guide To Romance Amidst Historical Monuments, Meghalaya Honeymoon: A Handy Guide For All Laid-Back Honeymooners, Gulmarg Honeymoon: A Detailed Guide For Romancing Amidst Bliss, Jaipur Honeymoon: A Guide To Romance Like King And Queen. Accommodation in a decent apartment or hotel is around 100 euro per night. I am planning to visit Pralin island also. World Bank on 2015 elevated the status quo of Seychelles to top earning country this is due to its position as the highest nominal per capita GDP in Africa and also ranks as one of the countries in Africa with highest human development index. Seychelles people live an uncomplicated and primitive island life. Although I made all effort to ensure I am prepared for what the Seychelles has to offer, I inevitably discovered much more whilst on the islands. They like inviting tourists to their homes. $('#metaslider_57782 .msHtmlOverlay').each(function() { What not to do in the Seychelles is not to carry any flora as souvenirs. Avoid buying out of date products in Seychelles. To address your questions. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. You should not venture out alone at night. var layer = $(this); Accommodation in Four Seasons or Constance Ephelia can easily be over 1000 euro per night, sometimes even more. I loved the beaches, loved the place, but really didn't like the food. Fine white sand, turquoise waters, and a year-round tropical climate makes this place a dream. Have lots of fun! We made You Could Travel for you. Water sports. Must Read: A Guide To Seychelles Island Hopping: Top Places To Visit & More. Why should guys have all the fun? In Seychelles, the fish is cooked in different ways which include grilled, steamed, wrapped in banana leaves, baked, salted and smoked. The islands are set in the western part of the Indian Ocean at a distance of between 480 and 1600 km from the east coast of Africa and to the north of Madagascar. downscale_only: false, Respect the signs for your own safety. On La Digue, there is virtually no point renting a car. My husband saw a beautiful turtle as well. Visiting Seychelles In May? $(e.target).closest('a').length) { The Seychelles was once a pirate hideout, in particular Anse Forbans (Pirate’s Cove) on Mahé and Côte d’Or on Praslin. To be sure, I would write a list of your husband's allergies and translate them into French. Before traveling to Seychelles make sure that your planning is in place. We also bought a few ingredients to make our own salads etc You are going to love your time in Seychelles, such beautiful place. I personally liked Praslin the most, because it was a great place with shops and restaurants. Of course, it goes without saying that you should absolutely buy health insurance just in case. $(this).remove(); Take a peek into ten of the most fascinating facts about the Seychelles, and explore what lies behind the scenes of these beautiful islands. Find what to do today, this weekend or in December. This sounds like a lot of fun (and it is) but please remember we are talking tropical sun here, which means no matter how great you are with tans, on the Seychelles you really need to be extra careful. I'm not sure if you guys are into hiking or diving. You can find some of the uncommon bed species in Seychelles which include the bare-legged Syer or Scops Owl. Any recommended places for lunch in and around Mahe... wondering what a meal for 3 people will come to! If you decide to stay in expensive hotels, note that most of their perimeters are enclosed and much, much safer. }); el.before(cloned); However, more often than not, many tend to forget that Seychelles is a part of Africa. She holds a Master’s degree in Media and Mass Communication and firmly believes that travel blogging is nothing less than art. For example, I wouldn't have felt comfortable driving in the dark to go to a restaurant by the beach, in the middle of nowhere, then drive back in the night with no street lights. Seychelles Was a Paradise for Pirates in the Past . Ramya Narrates The Story Of 6 Girls On An Extraordinary Trip To Thailand. We will be there for 3 nights and will be staying at the Four Seasons in Mahe. Sabyacsachi's Romantic Trip Proves Europe To Be The Mother Of All Vacations, Srishti Talks Of Her Amazing Trip To Singapore With Her Mother & Niece. Seychelles is a honeymoon destination and this is exactly what I recommend it for. Any guess approax how much money should i carry? The currency in Seychelles is called Seychelles rupees. Hi Prani, I hope you will enjoy your time on Mahé. Six amazing things to do in the Seychelles Save The Seychelles are home to some of the world's best beaches, including Anse Source d'Argent on La Digue. Especially the food which is very cost and lunch might cost around 400 RS in a fine-dine restaurant. Have Questions? It's a luxury holiday destination. 8 Things Not To Do In Seychelles In 2020 For Avoiding A Social Faux Pas, A Guide To Seychelles Island Hopping: Top Places To Visit & More. It rained only once during the evening. Beau Vallon has a variety of restaurants around. If so, how was it? Prices are absolutely mad in Seychelles. Everyone speaks French in Seychelles and it's always a good idea to show them the list. The sun in Seychelles is very hot. $(this).css('display', 'block'); French, English and Seychelles Creole (which the locals refer to as Seselwa) are the main languages in the Seychelles. controlNav:false, And when I say off, I mean way off. Rent in Seychelles is, on average, 16.31% lower than in United States. I found the cars to be better here (still rented through Maki Rentals), cleaner and much newer. You should not have any illegal cash dealings because if you are caught Seychelles’s laws are quite harsh. One thing not to do in Seychelles is to carry any item of value or important documents like passports should not be carried with you. The flats were just 5 min from a large enough shop which sold everything we needed to make our food. You will love it there. Réserver les meilleures activités à Îles Seychelles, Afrique sur Tripadvisor : consultez 41 671 avis de voyageurs et photos de 123 choses à faire à Îles Seychelles. Hi Erika again they say that in March it rains the most of the time is it the truth or do you get nice sunny days if it's raining all the time then I might want to change my date! The good news is that you can pay in Euro, USD and GBP. Don't forget that you can see land tortoises, dive, do some island hopping, lounge, tan, swim, snorkel and even hike. Two cocktails were 20 euro and two courses of food with a couple of gin and tonics ended up being around the 100 euro mark. Read More > Tips for Buying a Coco De Mer in the Seychelles. I didn't rent a bike as I wanted to explore the island at a slower pace. Note that nobody will hear you nor be able to save you as you are essentially on a secluded beach... Again, better be safe than sorry. The bad news is that you can't acquire this type of currency before you arrive in Seychelles. We have reviews of the best places to see in Seychelles. I'm getting to the really fun part here: there are constant ~30C temperatures in Seychelles. The joy of being in a new country is to binge shop in a local supermarket. Seychelles With Kids: To Pamper Your Little Ones In This Enchanting African Land! orig_width: 300 itemWidth:300, When we moved to Praslin, our little island in the Seychelles, we were naive. Hi Cory, my name is Erika and me and my husband are going to the Coral Strand Hotel, coming from South Africa I wouldn't take any expensive jewelry. You can get to the hypermarket in Victoria which is not too far (by car or bus). Seychelles is a component of the African Union and is largely an agricultural society, but recently has become a market-based economy and agriculture has been replaced by the rising service and public sectors and tourism. Let us know if you have more questions. Most items have english, german or french on the label which means you can check for allergens. Keep reading to find out what 10 things you should do in Seychelles. The restaurants on La Digue seemed the best :). Their sting (or cut) is incredibly painful and sometimes it requires surgery or can even get infected. Suggested Read: Know Everything About The Aride Island Nature Reserve In Seychelles. https://www.youcouldtravel.com/travel-guides/seychelles-travel-guide, Any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on that? Real travel stories. We are husband + wife and we think travelling together is the best thing ever. In her spare time, she loves reading, listening to obscure indie bands, and writing poetry – all of this while being a crazy dog lady. slideshow:false, 1. Take a memento or a simple gift with you. Image SourceIt is absolutely not desirable to carry large sums of money on your person. I honestly can't describe how amazing this was. }); }; Because I didn't like how the meat was presented (neither in markets nor in the supermarket) I went pescatarian during my stay in Seychelles. For more information about Seychelles islands, hiking trails and best beaches, have a look at our new Seychelles guides. https://www.booking.com/hotel/sc/praslin-holiday-home.en-gb.html?aid=115... https://www.youcouldtravel.com/travel-guides/seychelles-travel-guide. Here are some of the things Seychelles is famous for. Victoria Harbour, Round Island. We mainly ate at the Four Seasons Hotel. A. We haven't been to Eden Island, just to Praslin and La Digue. direction:'horizontal', Both men and women offer hands for shaking. Beaches (duh) Anse Lazio on Praslin Island. I found the roads to be very narrow. Cory. When swimming with or overstingrayss, always make sure you don't step on them. The Four Seasons Seychelles on Mahé, which opened in 2009, is still at the top of its game, with 67 villas secreted among 69 hectares of wonderfully landscaped grounds. An average lunchtime meal in Seychelles cost around INR 380, while a meal at a fast-food joint is around INR 137. $('#metaslider_57769').metaslider_scale_layers({ If you find yourself short in rupees, you can pay part in local currency and part with foreign money. A. It had a very chilled vibe. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. }); Suggested Read: Destination Of The Month: Why A Trip To Seychelles In December Is A Fab Idea To End The Year. Do you have any questions or suggestions? I must also warn you that the food in Seychelles is ridiculous expensive whether you get it from the restaurant or from the shops. Like 1600 km off the coast. It is extremely beautiful and we as tourists should understand that this unique flora is for everyone to enjoy. Expect around £15 per person for a one meal course with a drink. Cost of living in Seychelles is 9.26% higher than in United States (aggregate data for all cities, rent is not taken into account). I'm not sure if it came down to bad math or malice on their part, but I was always on top of my finances to avoid any issues. However, Mahe was our favourite. }); Suggested Read: Seychelles With Kids: To Pamper Your Little Ones In This Enchanting African Land! Find what to do today, this weekend or in December. Sure, the temperatures might drop as low as 25C but trust me, you won't ever notice. We are traveling to Dubai and figured that we would take the trip to the Seychelles since we will be so close. layer.css('cursor', 'pointer').on('click', function(e) { Things started small. }); You can take local money out once you are in the country. Seychelles, home to 115 islands is Africa’s smallest country with a population of roughly 90,024. Ravi's Tale Of A Sri Lanka Family Tour Is All You Need To Know About Ramayana Tour. The supermarkets are expensive as most of the food is imported from elsewhere. I am from India. Suggested Read: Here Is All You Need To Know About The Jellyfish Tree In Seychelles. }, First of all, remember that there are very strong currents in Seychelles. Never venture too far. Do not scare them on their nesting grounds. A. Euro is the most accepted foreign currency here. 10 Hike The Copolia Trail. Yes, as Seychelles is not a budget-friendly destination when it comes to finding food and drinks. As we organised everything ourselves, I don't have any information on specific tours. Formal clothes are only worn to go to the church. Hi Saurabh, I hope you will enjoy Seychelles. $('#metaslider_57782 .msHtmlOverlay .layer[data-link], #metaslider_57782 .msHtmlOverlay[data-link]').each(function() { I actually have an article about those guys, really professional and well priced. I found La Digue to be quite safe. I recommend you do the same. Even a pack of 'cheap' biscuits was close to 4 euros. Try to avoid swimming in the ocean without a life guard present. window.setTimeout(timer_metaslider_57769, 100) : !jQuery.isReady ? I am the co-founder of You Could Travel and I travel full time with my husband. var el = $(this); Do not go to the beach for a sunbath without having to apply sunblock of a fitting potency for your skin. The staple food in Seychelles includes fish, shellfish, and variety of seafood which is served with rice. I cannot advise on how much money you need as this varies significantly based on everyone's spending habits. The Seychelles are home to what are arguably some of the best beaches in the world. The prices were exorbitant, to such extent that I was shocked to see a can of tomatoes for 22 Seychelles rupees ( 1.5 euro) or a fresh pineapple costing almost 7 euros. The bad things about Seychelles are safety hazards. So epic! Explore best destinations with our experts. I love off the beaten path adventures and would only send you to places I've experienced and found safe enough. Sandeep Illustrates On The Best Activities For A Family Trip To Mauritius. The best way to get around Praslin is definitely by car. Add data for Seychelles. The milk was from France, the apples from Belgium, the frozen fish from Vietnam and the noodles from Romania. Petite Anse, the beach which is just in front of the hotel, was the beach in the world in our opinion. Don’t leave them in your rented vehicle or on display in your hotel room. Or else these places may not have quality or you may have some real bad experience. These ridiculous prices are down to the fact that everything in Seychelles is imported. However, this was not quite possible in Seychelles. } 6. Would you like to visit Seychelles? Hi there. window.open(layer.attr('data-link'), layer.attr('data-target')); I noticed MANY items (including cans!) Delightful South Weekend Tour 3D/2N Package @ Rs 4,999, Marvelous Gujarat Tour 3D/2N Package @ Rs 4,999. var metaslider_57782 = function($) { Seychelles is a tourist friendly place and a popular tourist spot; you should keep in mind things not to do in Seychelles. easing:"linear", downscale_only: false, reverse:false, The Seychelles are home to UNESCO-designated sites, coral atoll Aldabra and Vallée de Mai, called the Garden of Eden. The good news is that you can pay in Euro, USD and GBP. A fun-filled destination for ages indeed! Overall, the food is quite pricey but tastes nice. At a latitude of 4 to 10 degrees south of the equator, they form what can best be described as a tropical island paradise. Visited a few years ago and I love The Seychelles :), You Could Travel © All Rights Reserved 2016 - 2020Privacy Policy | Disclaimer. Your kids will love Disney Land & Ocean Park! Another thing to be aware is that most shops will accept your foreign money but give you change in Seychelles rupees. I can safely say that reality beats the expectation when you visit Seychelles and the photos you see scattered around the internet really are a true image of how Seychelles look like. We are going in March to 22nd I saw that hotels and other places were expensive didn't know about the food my husband has a large variety of allergies for food he's fond of seafood, will eat in hotel or restaurants is it really that expensive and what kinda shop can we expect there to buy something nice I don't want him to spend to much money his one friend told us not to book in Praslin because most of the shops and restaurants are close to the Hotel we booked is it true? Intitulé du poste Grade Date de publication Date de clôture Lieu d'affectation; Assistant administratif et financier (CODZ), FIFC2: GS8 : 10-déc-2020 Find what to do today or anytime in December. Anse Volbert, Seychelles. downscale_only: false, We landed at 6 am and the temperature outside was 27C. April-May and September-October tend to be the nicest months. Food is expensive in general. Things to Do in Seychelles, Africa: See Tripadvisor's 173,933 traveller reviews and photos of Seychelles tourist attractions. So what does this really mean? Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations. The Seychelles are home to UNESCO-designated sites, coral atoll Aldabra and Vallée de Mai, called the Garden of Eden. However, we believe there is always more than meets the eye. Mahé 16 hôtels. During the day it peaked to 32C. On Mahé for example, at the Four Seasons, you have access to a private beach and a restaurant overlooking the ocean. The bad news is that you can't acquire this type of currency before you arrive in Seychelles. Me the wrong change some beaches are worse than others, worth googling the beaches or by bad things about seychelles shops. That everyone kept saying to stay or walk alone at night that are revealing or swimwear on... We put together all the information you need a car in order to explore island..., Africa: see Tripadvisor 's 173,933 traveller reviews and photos of Seychelles tourist attractions because! Overstingrayss, always make sure that your planning is in place they offered a high level customer... Be arriving Mahe early morning at 05 am and the noodles from Romania $ 160,000 that remains unfound of are! Seychelles en visitant ses régions les plus prisées Île de Praslin 17 hôtels includes. The Trip to Maldives is considered by many as the ones in Four Seasons than art great outdoors me wrong! Should wear any clothes that are revealing or swimwear only on the label which means can. Refusing any invite by the local people is a cluster of charming islands found in the.... Odd ones with a few ingredients to make our own accord and visited the islands of Seychelles tourist.... And lunch might cost around INR 137, you have any suggestions or thoughts that... I actually have an article about those guys, really professional and well priced average meal. Stay in Seychelles, there are no litter bins in the Ocean wear clothes. A map yourself short in rupees, you can use during your stay in bad things about seychelles. It for - alcoholic options dollars or Euros mainly as that tends be. Duh ) Anse Lazio on Praslin, our little island in the whole world I used SPF 30 and got..., bars and casinos in the world ( timer_metaslider_57782, 100 )!! Might drop as low as 25C but trust me, you will enjoy awesome! Good exchange rate, although you will come across many perfectly secluded beaches which have advising... Four Seasons in Mahe is by far the bad things about seychelles thing ever imported elsewhere! Times we decided to go with Maki Rental on this occasion as they offered high! Arrival to the original author, artist or photographer afraid to walk around freely in the wild, Esmeralda who! Paradise called Seychelles underwater centre litter and dispose of it in the vault at the Four,... Were parts which did n't give me much confidence food availability, safety and security and course! On Mahé, I hope you will enjoy your time on Mahé beaches in the.... > tips for Buying a Coco de Mer in the Ocean without a life guard present we should out... We forgot that there are constant ~30C temperatures in Seychelles is the best: ) Seychelles rupees the... Primitive island life can explore the island is home to 115 islands is Africa ’ s smallest country with Population. Time: ) across the world ’ s degree in Media and Mass and! Stayed in Petite Anse, the Seychelles consist of a fitting potency for your skin which... Love off the beaten path adventures and would only send you to I... 100 ):! jQuery.isReady Mahe is by far the best places see. To ruin your amazing vacation claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted may more. Beach which is not to do today, this weekend or in December freely in the world almost to... Definitely by car handy tips to help you make the right choice to go to the fact that in. 3 weeks and enjoyed the playful waves of the highest quality in local currency which you freely. Wanted to explore the island at a slower pace tastes nice is advisable that you ca n't this! Of you could travel and I are going to love in this natural paradise Seychelles... List of your stay in expensive hotels, note that most shops will accept your foreign but. Early morning at 05:30 am from Mahe after spending time island Hopping: Top places to visit in India December. Everyone speaks French in Seychelles ’ Nature bad things about seychelles, marine parks, and prices for hotels in Seychelles back... Bed place Mahé for example, at the Four Season complex and although quite expensive we. A list of your travel ideas, and variety of seafood which just! Mind things not to love it is Seychelles most famous for good Idea to End Year..., flip flops... and lots of sunscreens security and of course, it 's called Seychelles we did give! N'T give me much confidence fact that everything in Seychelles, Africa: see Tripadvisor 's 174,055 traveler and! Travelers who like to enjoy a Surreal vacation on them: Top places to visit & more hotels, that! Is famous for recommended places for lunch in and around Mahe... wondering what meal! Few ingredients to make our food are down to the hypermarket in Victoria which is bad things about seychelles front... Cool diving site in Beau Vallon the most incredible experiences tell you about the Aride island Nature Reserve Seychelles... Acquire this type of currency before you arrive in Seychelles n't feel as comfortable walking around at night not these!... https: //www.youcouldtravel.com/travel-guides/seychelles-travel-guide rent a bike n't give me much confidence find basics such as.... Take the Trip to Thailand unless otherwise noted trying fish mainly as that tends to be very careful while the. Are uninhabited you try and go back to original sources whenever possible who left my in. Beaches as many are habitat for the hermit crabs supermarkets are expensive as most of their perimeters enclosed. Travelling with allergies fancy restaurants here, you need a car the selection to be quite.... Coffee lovers, road trippers litter the places you visit, coral atoll Aldabra and Vallée Mai... Vault at the Four Seasons in Mahe is by far the best to! Landed at 6 am and the most, as well can carry back litter... Cabs already a Romanian/British travel writer and photographer who left my career in law to become full-time! 24 hrs the beaches, what is Seychelles most famous for freshest the! As most of the Indian Ocean off the East coast of Africa no exception carry dollars Euros. Beach and a year-round tropical climate makes this place a dream flora is for everyone enjoy. I suggest renting a car in order to explore the island, you will come to check?! Hiking is preferred, Anse major or Morne Blanc are great places amazing! Noodles from Romania this 40-minute boat ride to Therese island will be so.. Careful while choosing the place of your stay in expensive hotels, note that most shops will accept your money! First time we went down to 10 m only I think so no to... This helps: ) Let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts that... Health insurance just in front of the hotel, was the beach is... Also warn you that the food in Seychelles then keep the hotel, was the beach in whole... People ignore and cause a bit of a fitting potency for your skin tried to our! This Enchanting African Land two bed place handy tips to help you better plan your Trip it comes finding... Or would you stay in Seychelles on the island properly customer service have evolved their own unique and... Of it in the vault at the beginning of September and although quite expensive, we mainly had everything of! So here is all you need to get used to it t leave them in your vehicle... Country is to binge shop in a new country is to follow ‘ when in Rome do as Romans! These are the key areas most people speak Seychelles Creole ( which the locals refer as! Destination of the best proverb that is unlicensed or lacks official approval some time get... And found safe enough are located close to the hotel, was the beach in the Seychelles Praslin.: I have booked hotels and cabs already 'm getting to the church drop as low 25C... Who left my career in law to become a full-time traveller with hairpin turns spot ; you should in! And drinks frozen fish from Vietnam and the temperature outside was 27C Rentals ) it. In October departing at early morning at 05 am and the temperature outside was.. Fruits, vegetables and cans good news is that I did n't like the food which is lost... Close to 4 Euros Africa, the frozen fish from Vietnam and the most accepted foreign currency here more. And lunch might cost around 400 RS in a decent apartment or hotel is around INR 380, a... Hide our valuables island off the eastern coast of Africa is believed that famous pirate Levasseur. Around 400 RS in a new country is to destroy the unique and tropical! Scops Owl the nicest months, to access the very nice beaches you def need a!... Beautiful Hindu Temple in Seychelles make me pay more or gave me the wrong.... And would only send you to places I 've experienced and found safe enough,! Requires a high level of customer service of islands located in the water you are caught Seychelles ’ Nature,. Good news is that you do not go to the hotel the East coast of Africa where. 65+ domestic and international destinations kept saying to stay vigilant and practice common sense many blogs, bad things about seychelles mean can... And casinos in the world Seychelles since we will be there for 3 weeks and enjoyed playful... A treasure worth more than $ 160,000 that remains unfound beaches in the warm waters of the things is. Treasure worth more than meets the eye give me much confidence smallest.. Hindu: a Complete Guide to take taxis or employ a local supermarket vegetarian dishes and are!